Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget.

It's the anniversary of 9/11..
I do like to point out the obvious sometimes.
It is a day that has gone down in history.
A day that has changed our lives as citizens of this country.
It was a tragic day. Many lost lives.
It brought fear to Americans, but we never lost hope.
We all became stronger and stand more together.
It is a day that should not be forgotten and will not be forgotten.
We won't forget what happened.
We won't forget the feelings.
We won't forget the people, the heroes.

With that being said..
I also don't think as we remember this day that we should get stuck on the images of the planes hitting the towers, or of the towers collapsing.
Don't dwell on the hate.
That is what they want. They want us to fall apart and remember what they did to our country.
That they attacked us.
They should know, they can't win.
It should now be a day of remembrance for the people
and a day that we did not fall apart.
A day we stood strong and have become stronger.

I don't want this to come across rude.
On this day I hear a lot of "I can't believe they did that." or "I can't believe it happened."
or even a lot of hate. Even toward our own country.
It happened.
It's not a happy day, at all.
It's tragic, sad, depressing.
But remember we didn't fall. We're still here.
We're still fighting.
Remember the people, all the people.
Who fought and are still fighting
Celebrate for our country.

I love this country, not so much the people running it, but I do love this country.
The freedoms we enjoy are such a blessing.
We will never forget what happened.
We can't.
U.S.A!

Also, A little shout out to my Aunt Luci!
Happy Birthday!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, that's so sweet. Thanks for the birthday shout-out!

    ReplyDelete