Thursday, April 19, 2012

Teeth Of Wisdom.

Fact.
I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday afternoon.
Fact.
I had never gone under any kind of sedation or anesthesia before.
(I ended up going under a light general anesthesia.)
Fact.
That was the only part I was so nervous for.
Sometimes I read horror stories about things.
Fact.
That's a bad idea.

But, I had an awesome Doctor (Dr.McBee) . He had worked as an anesthesiologist for over a year...so that made me feel better. His nurses were pretty awesome as well.
They told me the procedure would take about 30 minutes and then another 30 minutes for me to wake up.
Awesome part...It took less than that.
Husband said he stuck around for 15 minutes and they told him an hour so he went to Auntie Gayle's to talk about a project he is helping them out with. (they are only about 5-10 minutes away from Dr. McBee's)
He said no sooner than when he got there, they called him saying that I was done and basically awake.
Woohoo!
in by 2:30 they started around 2:40 I would guess by the time I got prepped and asleep and when I woke up the nurse told me it was just after three. When I finally got in the car it was just before 3:30. Dr. McBee has got skills!
Also..the only things I remember are right before when Dr. McBee was talking to me about Husband. The last word I remember saying is Australia.
The only thing I remember about waking up is the nursing say that I was already waking and I sat right up wanting to leave. I pulled off my heart monitor thing, but was still connected to the IV.
I woke up before they could get that out.
I remember for her asking for Husbands number, but I am not sure if I was able to give her the right number.
The front desk lady had it though..so it's all good.

Some stories I heard from Husband was when he walked in I pointed at him and called him a liar for not being there when I woke up. (he said he would be)
Then I guess I basically ran (in a zigzag) to the car.
Every five minutes I kept showing Husband my IV bandage and telling him I got and IV, later asking why he didn't one.
I asked him if we could have a baby a few times.
Umm.. I guess I kept asking him if I was pretty? haha.
I tried texting my mom. That is a one GREAT text.
It goes as follows.

"I.m done! tbey put me ind er r ge bral anesth we siA...... sc car 3g gf."

I told ya, pure skills right there.

Umm. I guess I wouldn't bend my legs to go down the stairs or something.

Anyway, I am doing pretty good this morning, just really sore.
Husband took such good care of my yesterday and still is. He is so good to me and I just love him for all he does and his hard work. He is certainly wonderful and I am so lucky to have him be mine.
I luh you, Boo. 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! So funny!
    I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in a few weeks, and I kinda hope I have some funny stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete