Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Primary. Attempt One.

This last Sunday was my first time teaching my primary class.
I teach the 10 and 11 year olds.
Lets just say there are 16 in my class.
Not all always come, but this time I had 12.
And for their age, that's a lot.
They are good kids though!
I can tell this will be a fun class and a good experience!
For me, anyway...
Hopefully, I will get better at teaching.
I am sure it comes with the calling right?
The lesson was about how the Book of Mormon was actually made.
The printing, binding, selling. Those kinds of things.
For them to kind of get where the printers were coming from back then, I put a letter of paper that spelled out-
" The Book Of Mormon Another Testament Of Jesus Christ"
And the had to sort them out and put in order.
Of course not hard, but to do that for the ENTIRE book, page by page.
5,000 times( at first anyway).
Then they were kind of taken back!
After that they each got to fold a paper and make it a book in the exact way they did back then.
And cut the pages after folding!
I think it went well, for my first time.
Well, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment