Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Weekend.

Our first Christmas together was SUPER wonderful!
I mean, I knew it would be. Obviously.
It's kind of sad how as you get older Christmas gets less and less fun...
But being able to be with Husband made it the best it has ever been!
It was so fun to see him open his presents and just  to be there in the morning to wish each other a "Merry Christmas"
I have to  give a HUGE thanks to my mom, who picked up my Christmas shift at work so that Husband and I could be together for our very first Christmas!
Thanks Mom, I love you! You're the best mommy dearest!

Anyway, right after work on Christmas Eve we went down to Fairview to be with the Carltons'
On the way down, husband said it was kind of a bummer there was no snow, because it completes the Christmas spirit, but a great surprise to us. Fairview had SNOW!!
Being in Australia for the last two Christmas' makes you miss snow around that time, probably.
Whether you get used to it or not.
When we finally got to his parents.
We ate dinner and opened "brother&sister" gifts.
and we sang happy birthday to Baby Jesus.
After that I was about gone I had been up for almost 24 hours.

Christmas morning we got to open all of our presents and Husband did so good! He takes such good care of me, but seriously being with him on Christmas was enough. The best gift of all.
Oh, I got a new camera..so I can finally take pictures for all my stories.
The day of this boring blog is over...As soon as it charges!
For breakfast we cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate..mmm... Definitely a Christmas breakfast.

Some people may not like having Christmas on a Sunday, but I think it is pretty special and it helps to actually remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas and to remember the birth of our Savior and the most wonderful gift he gave to us!

I am so sad that these holiday seasons are basically over for another year.
But it's alright a whole year more of adventures, plus Husband has almost been home an ENTIRE year...How crazy is that?
Who knew we would be married at this time last year? Not me, but I am so glad we are.
I love him more and more everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment