Monday, January 30, 2012

Loadmaster & A Little History.

Hello, Blogging World.
I'm still around.
I wasn't able to blog at all last week, because, I was at loadmaster training last week. On my days off, then I had to work. Another day, another dollar, right?

I am pretty excited to be a loadmaster.
The loadmaster is the person that is basically in charge of everything below wing.
They decide how the plane is loaded.
Now, you might think that this is easy just put the bags in the plane, right?
Well..wrong. I mean it's not way difficult, but it is definitely not easy.
There is a bit of math involved.
You have to know how many people are on board and know about how many bags are being put under the plane and how much cargo we might be taking as well as how much fuel will be put on.
There are two pits. The forward pit has two bins and the aft pit has 3 bins.
each bin can only hold so much weight.
depending on how much below wing weight you have depends on how much weight can go in each pit.
It's kind of confusing to explain, but it's cool to be in charge.
I did my first loadmaster on Saturday and boy was it crazy!
I think I did pretty good for my first day as a loadmaster.
Also on friday they put me as a gate lead...ALL BY MYSELF.
It was scary!
But I did it!
I also pushed the plane out to de-ice all by myself...
You push the plane out and turn it and then you have to tow it backwards to the de-ice pad, in between trucks and other planes.

Anyway that is what is going on with work for me.
I know, you all probably don't care, but I was pretty proud of myself!

Alright, in other news....
Husband and I had some fun one year marks and such.

On January 26th, Husband had been home from his mission for ONE WHOLE YEAR!
(The 26th is also Australia Day.)
Today, is the one year anniversary of Husband and I being together! Precious!
Just one year ago we were just dating and now we are husband and wife.
It has been a pretty crazy year! It's been awesome and I have loved sharing it with my sweet husband!



No comments:

Post a Comment