Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I believe in...

My last post was about my grandpa and I had more to say...about other things
But I figured my grandpa deserved his own post, so he got it.
Going from where I left off and just a warning, this is a post about what I believe as we'll as my opinion on some topics. 
It might not be that interesting to a lot of people or the few people that read this.
Alright, going from where I left off.
The temple.
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love that place.
1. Because it is really hard to describe.
2. And there is a lot that I can't really say.
If you want to go there someday, especially want to be married and sealed there someday, make sure you make that one of your most important, top priority, number one goal.
It is one thing you should never settle less for, if you really want it.
It truly is an amazing blessing!
If you have been married there or been there for whatever reason make sure you tell people how great it is. Especially if you know they might be having doubts.
The temple is amazing.
I wish, I could take a few people into a sealing just so they could feel the true power of being married in the temple. 
I wish.
Now, this is obviously for my LDS friends and family.
Or even if you might be thinking about looking into our faith.
But, if not. That's ok. 
Husband and I went to one of my best friends wedding ( not of the LDS faith)
And it was lovely. There was so much love there, it was beautiful.
The vows were so precious and sweet.
The only thing that kills me is the " till death do you part". 
I love ALL my friends and family. Every single one, even if we seldom talk or have seen each other once, you're my friend.
No matter race, religion, political party, whatever.
I just want it to be known that I truly believe in the power of the temple and being married there. Being sealed for time and all eternity to your best friend and eternal companion is wonderful.
It is a bond that opens so much to you.


I would also like to make a little comment about the election.
Yes, I was and still am for Mitt Romney.
No, not just because he is of the same faith.
But for so many reasons that I believe everyone looked over.
But, that's ok. 
Mitt, good on ya for sticking to your guns!

Although, I dislike that Obama will be serving another term. There really isn't much I can do about it.
I do not wish him to fail.
I do pray for him to do better this second time around.
He won't have bush to blame the last four years on.
But, I really do hope and pray that he can do better.
I do believe in America.
I do believe I am so blessed to be apart of this country and enjoy the freedoms I do.
Plus, moving to Canada is not going to do anything.
For anybody.
We do need to stick together as Americans or our country will fail.
I hope and have faith in this country to make a wise decision on the next go around.
We all must realize our mistakes and those that elect must not complain.
I pray that Obama does not fail this country.
But, I am an American under God! 
He is the true leader of all nations, if we turn to him we will lead us.
I trust in Him! 
We will be ok.

Ok I think I am done.



2 comments:

  1. You always have such good thoughts on things. Makes me think and be grateful too.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is comforting to think that we know the secret handshake that will allow us to enter into the presence of the father. I, too, am grateful to have learned the signs and tokens and to have the opportunity to chant in a circle with my family wearing a white jump-suit, veil, and a 'fig-leaf' apron over my enchanted jesus jammies. Definitely a magical experience.

    ReplyDelete