Thursday, July 12, 2012

One Year.

On July 9, 2011, I was married and sealed to my best friend.
For the last year we have been making and starting our lives as eternal companions.
I couldn't ask for a better husband.
He is absolutely everything I need and could ever want.
I adore with all my heart and soul.
I am so thankful for all that he does for am and teaches me every single day.
He completes me and together we will be able to complete our eternal family.
You know..One day.

I can remember our wedding day like it was yesterday.
I remember it perfectly.
I remember driving with him to go to the temple, just us two.
I remember sitting in the brides dressing room, waiting to be called to go to the sealing room with husband.
I remember seeing him the first time and kneeling across the alter and holding hands.
I remember the look in his eyes and our kiss as husband and wife.
I remember getting in my dress.
I remember walking around the corner before walking out of the temple and seeing husbands face the first time he saw me in my dress and my mother in law handing me my bouquet and telling me my dress is beautiful and husband kissing me on the cheek.
I remember walking out the doors and hearing all the cheers and seeing all the tears of joy.
I remember every sound, sight, smell.
It was the perfect day and I was with the most perfect guy.

The last year has been the best year of my life, definitely not the easiest.
I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I guess the thing to say is, I can't believe it's been a year, but I can. It has been a year. It did go by fast, but it still feels like the right amount of time.
I don't mean it in a bad way, but I am sure I will be able to say I can't believe it's been 4 years or whatever when we have kids, but it has just been us two and so lovely.
Right now we are a bit stuck with some decisions, so that could factor into it as well.

Well, Happy Anniversary to us!
It's been a good year.
We are so blessed!

Oh an sorry the pictures are out of order.
it is just fun to look back at them:)














Walking out of the temple for our first appearance as Mr. & Mrs. Carlton!









No comments:

Post a Comment